04 August 2004

Basic Training

Oooh... since I bitched about it, I got enrolled in Dreamweaver: The Basics for work. The course was, alas, aimed at complete novices, which I am not. I suspect it would have taken me a couple of hours to find all the buttons, and scroll through the menu options anyway, so why not sit back and enjoy the tour?

(In case you are wondering, I hand code as a rule. I like it that way. I also like ancient early-80s Atari better than x-box, so perhaps I am a fossil. So sue me.)

So anyway, now I know how to do all sorts of basic web design stuff using the WYSIWIG standard for my workplace. Yay Me. Now I have to convince the Powers That Be to give me access to the program that doesn't involve moving all my physical notes and self to another deskspace (which is the best offer I have had so far).

Of course, in a few weeks time I may have a different job alltogether (I have applied for a new job in the same department. It's more money but fewer hours, so I'd come out close to even.) Fingers crossed.

No comments: