17 August 2004

brain dump

Ended up listening to JackFM instead of CBC at 5:00 (which I had flipped away from out of boredom over a long-winded discussion about Olympic legacies). I am so glad I did because I learned that Hudson Mack long-time face of CHEK6 (now just "CH") is moving to the re-tooled NewVI (not that it is NEW after 3 years!). I laughed out loud! Then I switched back to CBC to hear the world news.

I have been all angsty since my interview yesterday.. which is probably a sign that they won't offer it to me; which happened with the last two interviews I angsted and lost sleep over. It remains to be seen, since I won't know until next Monday likely.

If I don't get the offer, plan B may include a move north ... way north... like Whitehorse or Nunavut. It's all about the northern living allowance, baby. What other country pays people for living in otherwise inhospitable locations?

There actually is one Elvis song that I really like: In the Ghetto. I found it a few years back... I used think everything Elvis did was overrated, but that one really stands out. Sure the production on it is overblown, but it is a beautiful song. I transferred it to my MP3 drive today.

Twice now, I have seen the same person wearing a gi (karate or judo uniform), cycling down Shelbourne after dark with no helmet -- gee, hope they learned some moves to help when someone sideswipes their ass.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Having lived 'up north', I can attest that the northern living allowance alone won't make it worthwhile.

You can see what grocery/fuel prices in Whitehorse and Yellowknife are like online.

:)

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know. I do still think the allowance is an odd thing but I know there's a reason for it... plus the likelihood of our moving is pretty tiny.