06 August 2007

A tiny bit less clutter....

Over the weekend, I got some Grid photos taken, went to our nephew's 16th birthday party, tidied, rearranged, filed, sorted, and cleaned... and played Chuzzle ;)

Happily (despite playing Chuzzle) we now have less clutter. Not a lot less but less ... and every little bit counts.

This evening, we had guests over (one of the people we met through the Grid project and her kids, one of whom is the same age as Kiddo) and after they left, I actually put the table leaf away.

With the leaf out, I tend to leave stuff on the "other half" of the table, because it's big... but with the leaf away the goal is not to clutter it up. The other part of that plan is that I had been keeping a basket on the table (which grew into a basket plus a file rack in a crate) for stuff that needed to be filed. Needless to say, it just kept growing. I filed/recycled everything that was in there and then used the basket to declutter my desk, found a new home for the file rack (which I will still use for "current bills" and so on), and am using the crate to store my craft stuff (for now).

decluttered

***

Earlier today, kiddo was outside playing, and got her hands covered in blue chalk... again... I had to take a photo because she did it wearing the same jumper as she was wearing nearly two years ago in one of my favourite shots of her....

September 2005:
blue_hands

August 2007:
blue_hands_redux

No comments: