11 August 2007

Recap....

1. Butchart Gardens is still an underwhelming experience. The weirdest thing was that the grounds were eerily sterile; I saw almost no insects... no butterflies... no bees... very weird. I did get plenty of photos, but I stand by my review that it just isn't worth the long drive and the high entrance cost. Visitors can see just as much by going to other gardens in town (I'd start by recommending the Abkhazi gardens and the Government House grounds.)

2. Stardust is thoroughly entertaining. I recommend seeing it on the big screen.

3. Another one of my photos has been chosen for the UVic homepage this week. (This isn't quite as prestigious as it sounds... the photo is thumbnail sized at the bottom of the page... you have to scroll to see it. Still... I am pleased about it.)

... see, down there in the lower right...



... here's the photo...

lounge_skylight

2 comments:

Star said...

I am glad you saw Stardust. I was wondering how it would be. SO many good people in it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your photo being selected. You are starting to make a name for yourself . . . and you know how that plays out in Victoria.

:: nods knowingly ::

I wanted to see Stardust this weekend but unfortunately, I made a deal with kurii that we'd see The Simpsons Movie