03 August 2007

Another new book


starting_a_new_book
Originally uploaded by triviaqueen
Got this book, Count Karlstein by Phillip Pullman out of the library this evening and started reading it while kiddo played in the park.

I know I have dozens of other books on the go.... well, maybe not dozens, but enough... but none of them are going to be fast reads... I wanted something that might compare to the "high" of finishing Deathly Hallows in a hurry. So, kidlit was in order, and this is one of Phillip Pullman's earlier youth novels. I hope it will not disappoint.

One of the other books I am reading is Everything is Miscellaneous: The power of the new digital disorder. It is brain-bendingly amusing, leaping through time with little tales of those who really built the order of the world as we know it, all the while trying to explain why it's all about to crumble (allegedly). An interesting read, at the very least.

No comments: