17 August 2007

This post needs a title.

I love action figures. Well, actually, I love most little plastic figures, action or not. Heck, right now, on my desk at work, are a Nancy Pearl Librarian Action Figure, The Librarian from Mirrormask, and Bill from the Schoolhouse Rock "I'm Just a Bill" cartoon. Only Nancy Pearl has "shushing action;" the others are stationary.

inaction_figures

What I love most, though, are the high-end art vinyl figures (like those at MyPlasticHeart and BugVinyl). Not that I can afford to collect them (well, maybe I can afford them, I just can't justify them, since I don't have room to store them.... and I would need room, because inevitably I would not be able to stop at just one.... but I digress).

On the other hand, I could totally have fun with some thrift store/garage sale action figures and some epoxy putty, with Make's guide to mashing up action figures close at hand.

-----

Speaking of garage sales... we are having one this weekend. Our goal is not "make lots of cash" but rather "clear out this stuff and don't make us put it back in storage." And a lot of it is good stuff... we just don't have room for it and/or don't need it anymore. Still, I don't relish standing around haggling with people. I realized recently that I actually hate selling anything. On the other hand, I love buying stuff. ;)

-----

Other things going on this weekend include the Victoria Dragonboat Festival, LoFoArFa (an oh-we're-so-clever abbreviation for Lower Fort Art Fair), and the second Victoria Grid Project Gridnic (though the weather may not be ideal for the Beacon Hill event).

1 comment:

Star said...

When Star got married she had sction figures as cake toppers and table centerpieces. After enough wine, some of them were in very compromising positions.