21 August 2007

Imaginary world....


tyrannoturtle
Originally uploaded by triviaqueen
Kiddo would make a great mad scientist. She has no concerns for the way things "ought to be" or, you know, the laws of nature. Instead she merrily mixes and matches things, creating all manner of things that Should Not Be.

The creation pictured is "tyrannoturtle" which she put together this week by adding a dinosaur skull (from a build-a-dinosaur kit) to a little plastic turtle. She is queen of the mashups with her toys.

Some of the most amusing things are from her LEGO box. She pays no attention to the way LEGO is "supposed" to go together, either. She regularly creates monsters -- like the person who is currently called "Four Head" because he has four heads stacked one on top of the other and is off to collect more. My favourite is the camel map bug though... I can't describe it, so I will have to find and photograph it unless she has already deconstructed it.

I can't remember what it is like to ignore reality so completely. I'm a little envious.

------

In other imaginary news... I have been restless the last few nights and realized there was a story brewing in there. I got the start of it written yesterday and hopefully will work on some more of it today. I won't say much aside from the fact that, at the moment at least, it is kidlit and while it's based in the real world, there is a fantasy aspect. If it develops into anything readable, I'll share more.

No comments: