06 July 2007

Vacation's end... (almost)

Have you ever unwrapped a Hershey's Kiss and inadvertantly put the foil in your mouth instead of the chocolate? That's the kind of day I am having. It's not a bad day... just... my head is officially "on vacation" which means it's about time for me to go back to work. Le sigh.

I have two busy days ahead socially, so I may or may not update again before I am back to work... so what have I done with my summer vacation? Let's recap:

lots_of_ducks Friday 29 June: dissapointments... Rithet's Bog exploration... picked up our spiffy Windows Media PVR computer thingy...

little_explorer sushi_boat Saturday 30 June: birthday breakfast... Summit Park... birthday lunch... shopping... birthday dinner (cheesecake!!)... mellowness...

beading_frenzy fireworks4 Sunday 1 July: banana pancakes... Ratatouille matinee (enjoyed by all)... beading frenzy... fireworks...

new_chair_coverMonday 2 July: housecleaning... dropped kiddo at a birthday party... fixed my rocking chair, including sewing new covers ... picked kiddo up... family dinner...

tidy_bookshelf Tuesday 3 July: more housecleaning... cleaned kiddo's room... got video card replaced in PVR... went out to spend my Future Shop gift card (bought LA Story, Big Trouble in Little China and a mini-tripod)... came home and watched LA Story.

installing_new_faucet Wednesday 4 July: replaced my Mom's kitchen faucet... shopped... worked on union website... relaxed... found ourselves with a bonus kiddo-free evening and went to see Pirates of the Carribean at World's End (which I thoroughly enjoyed!).

seaside_redtide_sidebyside mediapc_pvr Thursday 5 July: didn't do as much as planned on the union website... listed stuff on etsy... had lunch out with hubby... listed more stuff on etsy... tidied... played with the PVR (after getting another video card installed --third time lucky).

touching_stars beaconhill_water1 Friday 6 July: Mother-daughter day: shopping... home for lunch... out for touristy afternoon of Undersea Gardens and Beacon Hill Park... grabbed dinner in Chinatown "to go"... and now I'm just hanging out watching Stargate (the movie).

1 comment:

Star said...

Sounds like it was a good week. Did you know the Hershey kiss is 100 ears old? They are making a giant one in Hershey Pa for the Guiness World Book to amrk the occasion.