30 July 2007

Tangents *can* be productive...

I have issues with Mondays... but... I'm trying to ignore them.

This weekend, I puttered away at redesigning my "brain"... my old personal site. It's not ready for prime time just yet (though you are welcome to go look at the old, stale version) because in the midst of it I got distracted and managed to do a bunch of other things:

I cleared out one of our VHS cupboards to use for computer/office storage which had been under the coffee table... and that meant there was room to store the scanner, which I pulled out and used to scan a bunch of "archival" photos. Then I realized that our scanner sucks. Sigh.

Anyway, as a result of that, I also got kiddo to help thin her kids videos and we pulled out a few more titles we have replaced with DVDs, and now they are up for grabs... though I don't know many people who still watch VHS movies.

I also, finally, decided to adjust and release my Views of Victoria calendar on Lulu. Since they have not yet adjusted the Canadian holidays, and I don't like the way they lump Christmas in with religious holidays (yes I know it's a Christian holiday, but I don't want all the other "feast of" days and so on to clutter up the calendar and, yes, they do look like clutter to me), I just left it without any special days noted; people can add whatever they want, up to and including the "Feast of Maximum Occupancy."

Now I have a very full week of work ahead... so off I go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever posted a photo of your Quickdraw McGraw lamp?