22 July 2007

Harry Potter Overload....

OK, so I read the book.... and I didn't have to wait in line to get a copy.

My sweet, wonderful, thoughtful hubby actually went out just before midnight on Friday and got me a copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.... and some very uppity Belgian chocolates (one of them had saffron sprinkled on top!)

chocolates

I got up the next morning (fairly early) and started reading... I finished at around 10 p.m. Insane. I don't think I have ever read 600 pages in one day -- not even in University. I did take several breaks... but for the most part I was reading all day. No spoilers here... I'll just say that I cried a LOT more during the last book... this one didn't really work for me for a number of reasons. Still, it was an appropriate end to the series. (And Ms. Rowling? I hope it really is the end of the series. Please don't be tempted to do a spinoff or follow-up!)

hp7

Since Kiddo spent the night away, hubby and I decided to take in a movie. You guessed it! Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Like the book, this is not my favourite of the movies either. They cut a lot out of the book and yet the film really dragged in places. Meh. Still, overall, pretty enjoyable night out.

And now, I can ignore Mister Potter until next year when film number 6 is released...

1 comment:

Leon said...

I may wait to start reading Potter when the last book is in paperback. I hate waiting and refuse to buy hardcover.

F&J is a featured blog at BBD for the few days.