17 July 2007

Yes, I am a Book Nerd.

Sigh.

Though it pains me to say this, I will be hiding from all manner of media this coming weekend, reading the last Harry Potter novel.

However, I am not going to dress up like a wizard and wait in line for a book at midnight. I haven't reserved a copy, either. I will just go out Saturday morning and buy myself one of the thousands which will be piled up around this city.

In the lead-up to my obtaining and finishing the novel, my online time may be scarce, as I really REALLY hate spoilers. The last one was in fact spoiled for me in two separate online forums, neither of which was remotely connected to Harry Potter, just apparently frequented by childish dorks. Yes, I am still bitter.

So I guess what I am saying, is that if you want to find me in the next little while, you might want to pick up a telephone.

2 comments:

Mrs Robot said...

I'll be hidden away reading it, too. :) It's released at 9am here, so it's a bit more civilised. But what the hell do I care, it's not as though I'm at liberty to get out immediately, anyway, even if I wanted to.

The whole cult of HP is odd, no? I quite enjoy the story, but I find myself squirming when I hear the author speak about it. Dare I say it? I think she comes across as a bit of a dick. Having said that, have you visited her website? It really is fabulous, one of the best I've seen.

Random Geek said...

I'll be hiding from most online activity as well. No blogginess, no link sites, nothing. Heck, I'll probably have my iPod turned up extra loud on the bus until I've read the book. Not cultish about the book, but it would make me angry to get spoiled on the last book of a fun series.

See you next week or so!