06 September 2005

Spamments & Renos & School, OH MY!

Wow. I thought I was being really bright this morning when I referred to those spam comments as "spamments" but that word, it appears, is both old -- Metagrrrl wrote about spamments back in December 2001 -- and also common in the blogosphere. Back to the drawing board for me.

Actually, it's back to the bathroom where hubby and I finally finished our touch-ups to the bathroom mini-reno we did back in November '04. After a bunch of months looking at the sponged border around the top of the room, I tried to fix it by songing over in another colour, but it looked worse. So now the walls are monochrome! (We did, however, leave the sponging on the cupboard door.) The base tiles also got grouted, so I am ready to consider that room "done" until we can refinish or replace the tub.

freshpaint1

Once the bathroom is clean, the kiddo gets to have a morning bath before she goes to her first day of preschool this afternoon! Wow! She is looking forward to it... though today is only one hour and she will phase in gradually through the week. Her first "full" day is Friday; the first day she has after-school care is Monday. This is why I took the week off work (although I gotta say, it's nice not to be at work the first week of classes).

No comments: