05 September 2005

How about you DON'T visit?

I appologise, gentle readers, but I have just enabled word verification to try and weed out spambots. Unfortunately, the Evil spamdoers seem to have hired lackeys to actually cut and paste generic comments like this:

"I like your news clips. Visit anytime, And Im always looking for new reads."

Followed by a link to some crappy site. [Now I'm not even going to get into the lousy grammar of the above but if the "person" commenting liked my clips, why would they be asking me to visit anytime???]

Hubby has noticed a sharp increase too -- like all the lackeys started September first -- so we are tracking the offenders. There is also a new "flag" option on the blogger bar up above and if I find anyone spamming with an actual blog, believe me: they will be flagged.

If the word verification doesn't work, I will go back to requiring that users register before commenting. Sigh.

2 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

It shocks me beyond all belief that this sort of pointless spam actually generates income for someone, somewhere. What a retarded, retarded world we live in.

Unknown said...

I know.. they probably get fractions of clicks per thousand "spamments." Hey! I think I will coin that word now.