16 June 2007

Too Much Stuff.


Ugh. As crazy as it seems, we emptied and re-arranged this storage locker... then we attacked our other storage area with somewhat less enthusiasm.

The chair you can see in this shot is now gone -- I posted it on craigslist and it was sold within half an hour. Astounding, since it has been in storage for about 4 years. Happily, only the stuff on the back shelving is staying, the rest is earmarked for a future garage sale (August).

Believe it or not, we removed a LOT of stuff... three or four trips to the recycle bins and a bag or maybe two of garbage. It looked pretty good until we added the 6 or 8 boxes of garage sale fodder from the upstairs storage area.

I also cleared out a full bag of coats and shoes from our hall closet.

Seriously... I think I could clear out two thirds of everything in this house and it would still look cluttered. Sigh.

.

4 comments:

Shawn DeWolfe said...

We need to raise the bridge and lower the water: dump our crap and buy a bigger house-- ideally use the proceeds from our crap to help finance the house (gee-- maybe pay off 0.1% of the new house).

Star said...

I have several closets hat need serious de-cluttering. I have to be in the mood, but when I am, watch out!

rcxc said...

:: cheer ::

Good for you; GOOD FOR YOU. As you know, I have been de-cluttering in earnest for a while now and it isn't easy. Yet, it is amazing how much easier it is to keep the house clean now and how there is a built-in resistance to acquiring new clutter.

Unknown said...

Mike: yes, I agree, we need the combo deal of clear plus move.

Star: I've been in the mood to clear for a while, it's just been a matter of finding a day with a block of available time.

Pastilla: Thanks for the cheers! And, yeah, I have been trying not to accumulate more clutter. I'm losing on the movies front though. Oh well.