22 June 2007

No wonder it was cancelled...

I would have blogged angry last night, but I was too tired. Why blog angry? Because I now understand why Studio 60 was cancelled.

Consider this... it was sucking in the ratings... NBC was debating where they could safely tuck it away to die a quiet death (you, know, like the Friday night at 10 timeslot...) then they took another look at the scripts for the upcoming episodes and thoughtfully pulled the plug.

I'm all for story arcs, but so far the episode K&R has been split into three parts, with a fourth to hopefully finish it the hell off. Not only is it ridiculously longwinded, but it bounces back and forth in the timeline from the present to 2001 plus the whole plot is a GREAT BIG BUMMER. There are actually two arcs in the mega-sized "episode" -- one related to soldiers being kidnapped in Kandahar (one of whom is the brother of one of the Studio 60 stars) and the other is the oh-so-soaptacular pregnant-woman-in-peril thread. Give me a break!!!!

Someone find me Mr. Sorkin's email address; I'd like to give him a few pointers on how not to piss off his fan base. At any rate, next week is apparently the last episode. That's it. Curtains closed. I'll be watching... but odds are I won't care.
.

No comments: