16 June 2007

Lazy Friday.


Temple3
Originally uploaded by triviaqueen
I had a very nice, relaxing day off yesterday, most of it spent downtown. I wandered through Value Village then meandered about taking photos. Lots of photos.

Of course, I forgot to do two things I had planned to do while I was downtown (doh!) but neither was critical.

I did remember to meet hubby at 12:30 for lunch; we went to The Temple, which was quiet, but the food was oh, so good! The menu was small -- soup of the day (tomato spinach), two salad options, three paninis and three burgers. I had the lentil-pecan burger with fries and it was incredibly yummy! The burger had a mild curry flavour and the fries were shoestring-cut, which is something of a rarity these days. Hubby had the vegetarian panini with soup. I also had coffee which was actually a small americano, I think, and subsequently strong and tasty.

At value vilage, I picked up a bunch of stuff for kiddo and a few things for me. For kiddo, I got two books -- The Stinky Cheese Man and Mr. Bump -- plus stickers and some Barbie magnetic paper dolls. For me, I found a small messenger-bag, a book on photography, a new wallet, a pair of winter hiking boots (with Thinsulate™!) and another pair of sneakers.

Oh, I also got kiddo a plain white t-shirt which she needs for her end-of-school performance next week (they're dressing in a 50's "rock and roll" style, which apparently means jeans and white t-shirts).

After lunch, hubby and I wandered through town a bit more, then went our separate ways for a while. We met up around 4:00 again, grabbed a HUGE sum of groceries then gathered kiddo from daycare.

There's more, but I feel like I am rambling... so tune in later for more.

No comments: