21 January 2007

Craft Organization


sewing_area
Originally uploaded by triviaqueen.
One step closer to an organized sewing area.... after thrifting 37 spools of thread this week*, I wanted somewhere to put them all. Today, we purchased a thread rack and I merged my "new" thread with my old, mounted on the wall behind my trusty Singer.

*37 spools of thread, about 4500 yards total, cost $13.50 at St. Vincent de Paul thrift store. I made one trip on Friday and another on Saturday.... I did better on Saturday because I figured out their pricing guidelines -- not by how much was on the spool but by the size and material of the spool (e.g. large wood spools cost more than small plastic spools).

Now there should be little holding me back from sewing a whole host of finger puppets and soft toys. Yay!

No comments: