16 November 2006

Rob Zombie's Underground

I don't know what it is about Rob Zombie. I really don't enjoy his music... and I suspect I wouldn't be able to have a casual conversation with the man (maybe... who knows?) but damn, if he doesn't know movies. Despite the fact that I am a serious sissy when it comes to horror films, I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses and I am still trying to find the right time to watch the follow-up.

In the meantime, there is Underground with Rob Zombie. It runs on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) Fridays, "late night" (which is around 2 am on the east coast or 11 pm in my world). The idea is that he hosts a double-feature of cult/underground classics. This weekend it's two from Tod Browning: Freaks and Mark of the Vampire.

Don't know whether I'll be up late enough to catch the second movie... but I will likely be chanting "one of us" for a few days to come.....

tags: movies, cabletv

No comments: