29 June 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11 sets record

From Ireland Online:

"Director Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 took in a whopping $21.8m in its first three days, becoming the first documentary ever to debut as America's top weekend film."


And that's just the US numbers. Mike and I went to a Sunday night showing that was packed full.

Was it worth it? Yeah. Was it as slanted as it seems? Hell, yeah. But that is Moore's MO. Does it really deserve an R-rating? It is rated 14+ here in Canada, R in the US. And yeah, I think it does deserve it. Some of the war footage is graphic and stomach-churning. However, the film also made me laugh, made me cry and made me curse (out loud, but under my breath)... which means it is a damn good documentary.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this suggestion from Katha Pollitt:

"Take your friends, your relatives, your book club, your drinking buddies, take teenagers (it's R-rated), take that nice Republican in the office ...
And then send your ticket stub to George W. Bush, so he'll know you're watching."