29 June 2004

One of many curses I suspect...

Apparently, my Dad says being unable to vote for a winning candidate is a "family curse."

I actually ended up voting for the guy who came in second (Elections Canada - Electoral Districts see Victoria) and for a change was voting because I wanted him to win (I have voted all over the map in the past, often strategically to try and unseat someone) -- he used to be Mayor of Victoria and seemed to have the best grasp of what it meant to represent the city.

Of course our riding was one where the pollsters were really off base -- the local paper suggested yesterday that the Conservative candidate would win, but he came in 3rd. Instead we have the same idiot who has been ignoring the city for as long as I can remember (this will be his 4th consecutive term)...

No comments: