23 June 2004

insult to injury

I'm having one of those days. The fish died. My cat clawed the hell out of my hand. I waited in ridiculously long lineups in retail and restaurants because it was a gov't payout day. I had to climb into the McDonalds play structure to retrieve my stubborn child (her punnishment is a month without McDonalds). I was repeatedly stuck behind slow (as slow as 20 km/h in a 50 km/h zone) drivers this morning and narrowly avoided two potential accidents this afternoon(idiot no. 1 turns left in front of me as I am entering the intersection; idiot no. 2 swirves over into my lane while yapping on his cell phone. both got to hear my horn). I am short-staffed at work and then, a coworker points out a notice she pulled from the public notice board downstairs:

Party at (address)
Hosted by Rob M-----
BYOB Tonight June 23
NO FAT CHICKS


I really wish I could deny some people the right to share this planet. What I was tempted to do was phone the womyn's centre to see if I could track down a band of millitant fat chicks to crash the party. Alas, I have settled on notifying the Equity Office.

Sigh.

No comments: