16 January 2009

Are we there yet?

Sometimes, Friday can't come soon enough; sometimes, it just appears. Today, Friday was all up in my face starting at 6 a.m. and I really just wanted it to go away.

I woke up early, just close enough to my regular alarm-time that I couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and managed to get out of the house. Things were fine until I stood up to make my way to the door for my stop to transfer buses. The bus driver braked earlier than I was expecting and before I could grab hold so I ended up falling forward, hitting my knees hard. I was, however, able to keep my coffee mug upright so it wasn't completely tragic. I mumbled "Yes" to the "Are you OK?" queries, stood up, gave my right ankle a quick check and got off the bus. Later I realized that my right knee looked like coleslaw under my jeans.

At work it was just a bunch of little things but, at one point, I opened a door that turned out to be heavier than I was expecting and now I have a bruise on my right arm from the handle whacking me. Sigh. By early afternoon I was feeling tired, achey, and just generally miserable so I called it a day.

Tonight, Hubby will be watching BSG with the guys; I'm going to hang with Kiddo and maybe design some Barbie® dresses from some fabric remnants.

No comments: