14 December 2008

25 Things About Me Meme

Someone tagged me on Facebook but I thought I would repeat this here even if most of you probably know these things, it saves me thinking about what to write :)



Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged . You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.

[My rule: I don't tag others so if you feel like participating, go ahead and tag yourself for me.]

1. I have worked for the same employer for 20 years, but the employer doesn't count the first four years of my time as a casual staffer.
2. One summer I worked as a janitor cleaning places as varied as the Office of the Premier to the public washrooms at Fisherman's Wharf.
3. During my four years at university, I moved 13 times.
4. I don't get along with roommates very well.
5. My nickname of "Triviaqueen" was given to me by a friend almost 20 years ago because my brain seems to hang on to otherwise useless pop culture trivia (one-hit wonders, cast lists from sit-coms, and random facts).
6. I have a B.A. in History and a Certificate in Entry Level Plumbing.
7. I usually have a dozen or more projects "in progress" from crafts to writing to websites.
8. My husband thinks I have an 8 day attention span on any given project. He may not be wrong.
9. When asked what my favourite colour is, I usually answer green but the colour that I seem to surround myself with most is orange.
10. I procrastinate constantly but sometimes I manage to get stuff done while avoiding other stuff.
11. I wrote and drew a single-panel comic called Procrastoman during my fourth year of University.
12. I chose the name Creative Miscellany for my craft business because I couldn't settle on one type of craft.
13. I drink at least 16 oz of coffee a day -- though usually I average about 3 times that.
14. I'm not picky about coffee but I prefer dark roasts with some cream.
15. Some of my favourite movies are animated.
16. I will tell you the glass is half-full but I am not an optimist.
17. I vote any time I am given the chance.
18. It took me three attempts to pass my driving test.
19. One of the failures was due to my inability to get out of a rare Victoria snowbank in which I had parallel parked.
20. When asked if I were a tree what kind of tree I would be, I answer Arbutus -- a twisty, broad-leaf evergreen native to the West Coast complete with a showy red curly outer bark.
21. I consider myself a cat-person.
22. I love to grow things in the garden but I have a laisez-faire attitude toward weeding and maintenance.
23. I wear size 8 1/2 shoes.
24. I am a fan of all things Google but secretly fear they have inched ahead of Microsoft, vying for the position of Global Digital Overlord.
25. My favourite treat at Dairy Queen is a Peanut Buster Parfait made with hot caramel sauce instead of chocolate.

No comments: