21 May 2008

Research mode...

In amongst everything else, I am currently obsessing over some local history stuff -- I am in research mode. Tonight, I have spent the last couple of hours gathering basic info and starting points from the web, but I will likely need to spend a few hours trolling through newspaper indexes to find the real dirt. While I started researching thinking I would do an article, I'm now convinced there's enough to put together a full book. I'm not going to blog about the exact subject -- not yet, anyway.

centennial_fountain


Tonight, it seems pretty exciting, but since I have a notoriously limited attention span.... well, who knows. However, I think I might actually be able to pull together enough in the coming days to actually write up a query letter to send to publishers -- before I lose steam. There's a first for everything. :D
.

No comments: