06 May 2007

Back from the Okanagan


cabindeck
Originally uploaded by triviaqueen.
Pictured is our "front door" for most of the past week; one of the larger cabins at the Naramata Centre where I was for a week of training care of CUPE.

Kiddo had a blast, and hubby managed to get some much needed down-time, while I stuffed my brain full of statistics and ideas and action plans for increasing literacy on all levels -- since the course I was taking was Workplace Literacy Programs.

The location, around the south east side of Okanagan Lake, is incredibly beautiful, and the "rustic but comfortable" accomodations were much better than I had anticipated. Add to that good food (all provided) and there was nothing left for me to worry about but learning.

I'll be writing more in coming days... but feel free to scroll through my photos at Flickr; I'll probably make a set soon, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah. Naramata!
I graduated from there in...
93 I think - while Chief Steward of CUPE 951.

Colin -