18 August 2005

Local Web Studio Steals Content

I am steaming right now.

Suffice to say, some local "web developers" who shall remain unnamed (read more about their stellar services here -- it doesn't mention any names, but it sure sounds like their m.o.) has lifted one of my restaurant reviews word for word (albeit from an older version of my review page) and placed it on a client's page.

I am not sure exactly what I am going to do next, but it will likely start with a strongly worded letter.

Grrrr.

EDIT: [40 minutes later] I have removed the company's name (though it won't take a private eye to figure it out). I will add it back if they do not ammend the page as I requested (either remove the review or credit me appropriately) in the letter I have just sent to the company (a generic "team@" email), the CEO (who actually built the original version of the page that stole the content back in April 2001!!!), and the client.

It may only be a few words, but they are my words. And you can bet I will be checking all the other sites under their umbrella for other transgressions.

No comments: