21 August 2005

Blackberries, Beaches, and Book-avoidance.

So. No writing this week. I spent most of my prime writing time seething over the webtheft incident, trying to decide whether setting bags of dogpoop on fire was cliche. I did find some interesting info, though and dug out the outline, so I have a better road map.

Yesterday, we picked some yummy blackberries, most of which I have flash-frozen for later use. I can't believe that something which grows as a weed beside most roads around here sells for $5 per pint. Luckily we have bushes alongside our parking lot, and a ladder with which to reach he higher branches.

Today, we drove out to French Beach Provincial Park with my Mom. I forgot how incredibly freaking windy it gets on the west coast of the Island -- so even though it was 25 degrees out, the wind made it feel like about 6 degrees. Still, we managed to find one sheltered picnic table to eat lunch, then we wandered out to the beach. It is one of my favourite parts of the planet, and I consider myself lucky to live only a 60 minute drive away.

french_beach_1 :: french_beach_2 :: barbarian_castle



That third photo is the "Barbarian Castle" that the kiddo created with a little help from her Granny.

1 comment:

carrie said...

I had to read your post to discern that when you were talking about blackberries, you meant the fruit and not the device. I'm not sure if that's a sign about society today, or just because I work for a cellular provider.

I love the photos.