07 February 2010

New Podcast Episode

I finally got around to re-recording the vocal track and mixing the rest then uploading it to the Internet Archive: Flotsam and Jetsam The Podcast - Episode 1: Mountain from a Molehill is now available as an m4a (Quicktime) track (I think that's because I dragged artwork into the thing which meant it was not just an audio track. My bad.).

I've also embedded it at the end of this post. Credits and links are below (next time I will insert these into the podcast):


The production took a lot of planning (most of a week) and I spent several hours combing through the Internet Archive for suitable music. I recorded one version of the vocal tracks earlier in the week (but I decided it was not good enough) then re-recorded and mixed tracks this evening -- about 4 hours work in Garage Band. The finished project runs about 7 minutes and 15 seconds. I enjoyed it but should I do more? Let me know...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Cheryl! Good job!
From a technical standpoint (I'm presuming that you'd like feedback) your audio was very clean, however I noticed that the vocal level was a bit low over the music on the intro. It's an easy fix...
Also, if you decide to continue, I've noticed that many of my favourite podcasts mention their blog address on the audio, then if one forgets where they downloaded you from... easy to find and visit.