23 August 2004

waiting is the hardest part

Still no word on the successful candidates. Makes me a bit worried because usually delay = another candidate has been offered the position and they are waiting for an answer before notifying all the other candidates. Sigh... maybe tomorrow.

My pickles are still, I think, not pickled. The slices are all floating at the top of the mixture, so I hope they will settle soon and be edible. At least all six jars sealed properly.

The flea control for the cats seems to be working now, so my task tomorrow will be cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and then spraying the whole place down with insecticide (specifically an IGR, insect growth regulator product). Gak. So much work. On the plus side, our cats seem happy again.

Plans for friday night are to let the little one sleepover at Granny's (she has been asking for weeks) so hubby and I can take in a couple of Fringe shows... the question becomes which ones. We are also planning on taking in Fringe Kids on Saturday -- should be mostly insane.

But of course, I have to get through the rest of this week... which promises to be a long one.... including dental work on Friday afternoon (ugh).

No comments: