27 May 2004

Lame excuse-o-rama

Someone came in last night to argue with me over a $2 fine. Usually people say they didn't get the notice, didn't read their email or whatever.. but this was truly lame: she wanted me to waive the fine because the notice listed two books and she only returned one on time -- why? because our notice was longer than her screen and she hadn't scrolled down to read the second item.

WTF??? Oh, yeah, that's totally our fault. Of course I'll waive your fine -- NOT!

I posted this tale on orkut this morning, and got some great responses including this one:

That has got to be the worst excuse I've ever heard!

"Hi, I have no sense of personal responsibility and really need to put the blame on someone else for my own laziness and ineptitude. Since the customer is always right I'll just say whatever bull*t seems appropriate and you'll eat it with a spoon and a smile, all right? All right."

WTF is with people?


I wholeheartedly agree. Every time I think, wow, that's the lamest ever... I hear an even lamer excuse. I think it is time that people in service positions start saying "No" to the BS. The customer is NOT always right and whatever idiot put that into the cannon of manager-speak should be shot.

1 comment:

Delice said...

what kind of job do you have? just curious