15 July 2006

Goodbye Cici.

...

sierra_anenome
Sierra, a.k.a. Cici
1994-2006

An ultrasound yesterday confirmed the location of the mass the first vet felt from an external exam. Her platelets were too low to do a biopsy or exploratory surgery without a transfusion; but the pet hospital lacked enough blood to do the transfusion. We offered our other cat, Max, without hesitsation, and luckily, his blood was a match.

This afternoon, the vet performed the transfusion; this evening, surgery. Unfortunately, the mass was tangled around Cici's small intestine; the doctor could not remove it or even begin to reduce it without serious risk. We authorized euthenasia at about 8:00 this evening.

I know that she must have been in pain for some time, but she is no longer. I know that she was loved while she was here -- she was with us for over a decade and gave me much comfort and much love in return. I will miss her terribly.


tags: cici.

[Comments have been disabled. If you know me, you know where to find me.]