11 December 2004

Light Festival

Yesterday, we drove up to Nanaimo to get our comics (heh, geeks take road trips too.) I got issue 6 of The Witching (which I just realized I had already bought -- aaargh!); the kid got an issue of She Hulk, and hubby got a Fantastic Four title. We wandered around Jysk while we were there, grabbed a coffee for the road and headed for Nanaimo's Value Village.

After that, it was on to the main reason we headed out of the city in the first place: to see the Ladysmith Festival of Lights. Something like 100,000 festive lights crammed into the city core for just over a month. It's kinda crazy.

I tried to get some photos, but most of them went a little wonky:



... but in a really artsy-fartsy amusing way, so I collected them in a little night gallery.

No comments: